87 bayliner trophy ignition problems-gctid828631

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 bayliner trophy ignition problems-gctid828631

I just got the boat and the ignition was taken out of it, but it was still on the boat. Can anyone help me figure out how to put the wires back onto the switch to get it up and running.

Have you tried " year, make and model followed by ignition wiring schematic" in the google search bar then hit the "IMAGES" tab?
    Dave
    Restoring/ upgrading: 1990 Ciera Sunbridge 2655 ST, "One Particular Harbour"
    5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1 (my floating retirement villa if it doesn't kill me first)
    Sold:
    1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
    Mariner 150
    Towing with:
    2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
    Near High Rock Lake, N.C.

Comment

It would be helpful to know how the boat is powered, outboard or I/O and what engine/manufacture.
      1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Are you referring to the ignition wiring or just the ignition switch? Though most models are wired the same, what model Bayliner do you have?

If it is just the switch, look on the back of it. Usually, it will show what each terminal is connected to.

Also, please fill out your profile some know where you are and what boat you have. If you would, include your experience so we can better address your questions. Just click on your name, then 'EDIT'.

And welcome to BOC!
        "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
        MMSI: 367637220
        HAM: KE7TTR
        TDI tech diver
        BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X