TV questions..need advice!-gctid400008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV questions..need advice!-gctid400008

I've got a 325 with the "standard" 15 inch Sole flat screen with DVD setup. This boat's TV is designed to be used for DVD movies, or cable TV. The boat did not come from the factory with a TV antenna. Now all non-cable TV is digital. What antenna is best and is a digital tuner required with the Sole 17 inch flat screen TV? When it comes to electronics, I need all the help that I can get. Any recommendations or suggestions are welcome! Griff

Read:

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...ne-TV-antennas

Then ask questions.

BTW, does the TV have a digital decoder built in? Many of the older ones did not and require a converter box ($40 at Wal mart). Without having DTV capibility, the antenna won't work.
    Captharv 2001 2452
    "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

captharv wrote:
      Read:

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...ne-TV-antennas

Then ask questions.

BTW, does the TV have a digital decoder built in? Many of the older ones did not and require a converter box ($40 at Wal mart). Without having DTV capibility, the antenna won't work.
      Thanks for the input, Captharv. I now have found an old email from Sole. They report that this cute little TV is not digital and an analog to digital converter box is needed. We were thinking of just getting a newer and bigger digital TV and avoiding the "adaptor" deal with the digital converter. I have been unable to post pictures on this BOC site, send me your email address and I'll forward pictures. On top of the reception problem, the 12V TV power outlet is now dead. I may have pulled-out a connection while examining the thing. But the 12V power line is behind the Vberth seatbacks, so I have been trying to find the "secret" to removing the seatbacks without tearing them up. Not an immediate priority, can still use and enjoy this fine boat. Griff

Comment

Working...
      X