Water heater, ac, cabin heater-gctid827239

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water heater, ac, cabin heater-gctid827239

I recently got an 86 ciera 2550 st, and have been going over the boats features and locations of items. I discovered what I believe is the hot water tank on the port side of the engine bay. It's the type and is plumbed into the water cooling system. Starboard side has the macerator tank and pump. My real question is if the boat has the factory ac and heating system where would I locate them at. It seems to have come with every other option Bayliner has for the boat, except the generator. It may have all of the head tanks too, but that's for another post.
    Derby, Ct

BOAT- Bout Oh Another Thousand

1986 Bayliner Ciera 2550 St

"Brunswickbmech" post=827239 wrote:
    I recently got an 86 ciera 2550 st, and have been going over the boats features and locations of items. I discovered what I believe is the hot water tank on the port side of the engine bay. It's the type and is plumbed into the water cooling system.

[color]blue wrote:
    I am not following you re; this one!

A typical Marine type Water Heater will be found using 2 water heating sources.

1....... A/C electricity via a Generator or via Shore Power

2....... engine heat via the Water Heater's "heat exchanger" being plumbed into the engine's coolant system.

[/color]

Starboard side has the macerator tank and pump. My real question is if the boat has the factory ac and heating system where would I locate them at. It seems to have come with every other option Bayliner has for the boat, except the generator. It may have all of the head tanks too, but that's for another post.
    [color]blue wrote:
    Suggestion:

Take several good photos from within and around the Engine Bay and post them.

[/color]
    Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

So the A/C isn't under a dinette seat?
      Dave
      Restoring/ upgrading: 1990 Ciera Sunbridge 2655 ST, "One Particular Harbour"
      5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1 (my floating retirement villa if it doesn't kill me first)
      Sold:
      1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
      Mariner 150
      Towing with:
      2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
      Near High Rock Lake, N.C.

Comment

Working...
      X