Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stinky bilge water leak-gctid823131

So i wanted yalls opinions. Ill try to be brief

I got a new boat and its getting water in the forward bilge. It smells bad when i vac it out, like sewage. Its color resembles canal water. Whats strange to me is on my bayline i would get some water in the engine bilge that seems to come from the bow somewhere and when i vac it out i get the same smell.

Curious what you guys make of this. The stink is what throws me off. Its not a fresh water leak.

New boat has a sump box that sinks shower drain and ac drain runs to. None of that should be nasty smelling water though.
    1993 formula pc 31 twin 454 bravo 2
    1989 2655 cierra 5.7 omc cobra
    2014 "searay" tandom trailer

Anchor bay clinton river
    Michigan

I wonder if just the vacuum is pulling oders and vapor from stinky areas and thats the smell and not actual waste water..

Anchor bay clinton river
    Michigan

Comment

"businessgetmoney" post=823131 wrote:
      New boat has a sump box that sinks shower drain and ac drain runs to. None of that should be nasty smelling water though.
      Sink and shower water will most definatly cause a stink, it's gonna have bacteria in it.
      Dave
      Edmonds, WA
      "THE FIX"
      '93 2556
      Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
      Misc. projects thread
      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

If you have any Noflex put a tea spoon into sump

a lot of people also put a little sprinkle in the bilges if they get ripe

Comment

Once i find the sump.. ha!

Anchor bay clinton river
          Michigan

Comment

I think you will find that the sinks drain directly overboard through their own individual through hull. The shower may be on a float switch sump setup, but more likely it's an individual pump you turn on when running the shower. I've seen both. Is you air conditioning unit in the forward bilge? What else is up there? It may be as simple as water entering from a seam, collecting dust and dirt then going sour.
            P/C Pete
            Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
            1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
            Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
            MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
            X