Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Thanks for the helpful hints folks.

I tried a heat gun and it worked really well if I was going to re-carpet, but I am not. Also the existing corners of the plywood are damaged and would take a while to repair strong enough for my needs. Since I am always on limited time, I figure I can cut new plywoood faster than I could clean and repair the existing ply pieces. I will be gluing Teak and Holly Ply down on top of the new ply.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It wouldn't hurt to try some Goof Off or Acetone - I suspect it will work pretty good on that glue

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    cup brush but it's a mess to do

Leave a comment:

• boatworkfl
    replied
    oldjeep wrote:
    I'd use a cup brush on an angle grinder. Any chemical you use is likely to just create a gooey mess
    +1, get it as smooth as you can.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'd use a cup brush on an angle grinder. Any chemical you use is likely to just create a gooey mess

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I would be interested in this also. I was thinking of an adhesive remover not too much in the volitol organic compounds. Any ideas? Mine is on fiberglass.

Richard

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Carpet Adhesive Removal?-gctid399409

Carpet Adhesive Removal?-gctid399409

I pulled up the carpet in my main salon today. There is still a good amount of adhesive residue left behind and also some of the underside of the carpet itself.

What is the best/easiest way to remove this stuff from the plywood?

I was thinking of a heat gun. Any other solutions?
Working...
X