79 Conquest 280 leg gear ratios-gctid822574

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 Conquest 280 leg gear ratios-gctid822574

Would anybody have a reasonably accurate guess as to gear ratios in a 3250 w/5.7's and 280 legs? I'm thinking about picking up a pair of legs if I can get them for a good enough price and redo them ahead of time to minimize out of water time. Also looking for recommendations for a 383 ie: comp ratio, cam, and maybe Qjet replacement, I would like to go aluminum heads and intake to dump some weight from what seems to be a stern heavy boat. Oh Yeah and the f/g bimini is coming off.

Thanks in advance

Attached files

John, Laurie and official boat dogs Rosie and Peanut(Jose)
    '79 Bayliner Conquest
    twin 350's volvo 280's
    Boston Bar BC/ Boat in Vancouver BC

Thanks Bounty, I was thinking complete legs not just lowers. I read the 383 thread I still need to get some $ figures for parts vs complete engines. I will get in touch with Blueprint engines about a cam substitution on on of the aluminum headed 383. Will also check with the shop that does my race motor machining fo complete engines as well as total costs for me to build them but as an individual my parts cost is going to be substantially higher than a volume purchaser. A pair of 406's might be feasible also but they have some issues that require mods to be done.
    John, Laurie and official boat dogs Rosie and Peanut(Jose)
    '79 Bayliner Conquest
    twin 350's volvo 280's
    Boston Bar BC/ Boat in Vancouver BC

Comment

Working...
    X