Bayliner 1979 victoria-gctid822340

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 1979 victoria-gctid822340

Im new to this whole boat thing. Picked up a 79 bayliner victoria cheap. Trying to sort out issues as i restore her. Im trying to get the motor turned over but having issues. I cant move the throttle. When its disconnected from engine compartment it moves freely attach it to the neutral start switch it wont move....why. Does the outdrive have to be all the way down. As the boat is on blocks and i dont have the clearnce to ground to get it down

Sounds like the cable is frozen and needs to be replaced. Do the shifter at the same time. I advise sqqtrongly against starting the motor with the drive in any raised position. The ujoints and bellows don't get along and you will make an additional problem. You can disconnect the cable at the controller end as well as the carb as a starting place, no pun intended.

Please add where you are and more particulars about your boat to your signature. It really helps us help you.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

"richallen72" post=822340 wrote:
      Im new to this whole boat thing. Picked up a 79 bayliner victoria cheap. Trying to sort out issues as i restore her. Im trying to get the motor turned over but having issues. I cant move the throttle. When its disconnected from engine compartment it moves freely attach it to the neutral start switch it wont move....why. Does the outdrive have to be all the way down. As the boat is on blocks and i dont have the clearnce to ground to get it down
      Welcome to BOC!
      "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
      MMSI: 367637220
      HAM: KE7TTR
      TDI tech diver
      BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
      Kevin

Comment

I wouldn't sweat starting - just don't rev it up. Bellows will be well overdue if it is sitting on blocks in a yard somewhere and probably should think about u-joint while you are at it once some of the other things are coming together.

There is not a switch preventing starting while tilted.

Neutral safety switch is at the helm. If a flybridge usually upstairs station.
        1999 Sandpiper Pilothouse - Current
        1989 3888 - 2011-2019, 1985 Contessa - 2005-2011, 1986 21' Trophy 1998-2005
        Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

Working...
        X