2002 Trophy prop pitch?-gctid399271

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 Trophy prop pitch?-gctid399271

What does everyone with a 2002 or similiar Trophy run on their prop. I believe mine is at a 17, but need to double check.

What engine are you running?

Tom

Comment

Evinrude 175 2 stroke.

Comment

The Merc 175 option on your boat takes a 14.5x19 prop. The Merc gear ratio is 1.87:1. If your Evinrude has the same ratio, then you might want to try this prop.

Tom

Comment

Hmmm. Does a higher pitch give you more top end or hole shot?

Comment

More pitch = Less Hole Shot.

Tom

Comment

So I would want lower for towing tubes and such and higher pitch for more top end speed?

Comment

The most efficient prop is the one that gets you to full recommended engine RPM at wide open throttle.. A lower pitch will give a better hole shot but will allow the engine to over rev at WOT. A higher pitch may give more top end speed but will overtax the engine. You can under pitch for skiing/tubeing but must recognize that you can't run at wide open throttle as the engine will over rev. Over pitching is not recommended in any case.

Tom

Comment

I've known to be wrong...but.... lower the pitch 17 and below will give MORE speed and higher rpm,higher 19 and above will give a better hole shot, lower planning speed and lower WOT rpm...just my experience for what it's worth. Then again your boat size,engine HP and gear ratio dictates your prop size.

Comment

Working...
                  X