2855 Cabin Hatch Gas Strut - Where to buy in UK?-gctid821722

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2855 Cabin Hatch Gas Strut - Where to buy in UK?-gctid821722

I'm trying to find a replacement for the 15" gas strut which holds up the cabin hatch.

The original US supplied part no is: SPD-5150-20A

I also need to source replacements for the 20" gas struts for the engine bay.

Any ideas of where to source in UK would be greatly appreciated
    1996 Bayliner 2855 Ciera | Mercruiser 5.7 350 MAG MPI
    Name of boat: "Splash"
    Falmouth, Cornwall, UK

"Splash" post=821722 wrote:
    I'm trying to find a replacement for the 15" gas strut which holds up the cabin hatch.

The original US supplied part no is: SPD-5150-20A

I also need to source replacements for the 20" gas struts for the engine bay.

Any ideas of where to source in UK would be greatly appreciated
    I'm in the US so I dont know about suppliers for that part in the UK, but its pretty obvious that you have a computer with internet.... do a search for the bayliner part number, or look on the strut for the common part number and search it... it may show up on ebay or elsewhere for probably a much better price than you can buy it locally.. its possible that if if it is for an older boat, you could call bayliner and see if you can get the specs on the strut (length, stroke and lbs) ,and then search the internet (or locally) for a stut with those specs... OR, take the old one down to the autoparts store and match it up.... they are spec'd with a maximum length, a minimum length and the amount of weight they will support when fully extended.

look here and match up what you need... you may have to copy and paste the link into your browser.... http://www.maxumhardware.com/catalog...yABEgL5u_D_BwE

NU LIBERTE'
    Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
    5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
    N2K equipped throughout..
    2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
    2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
    '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
    Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Comment

I recently replaced the gas shocks for my engine compartments and went through Ebay. You might get lucky and find someone from the U.K. selling them.

They sell many different sizes, many different pressure ratings and a whole bunch of different end connection points.
      Dan
      Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
      Claudia V. III
      1988 - 3218
      Gas Drives

Comment

Bates wharf, used them a few times for parts for my 2655, they're UK distributor for Bayliner and they were very helpful.

David
        1997 Bayliner 2655 5.7l alpha 1
        Loch Lomond
        Scotland

Comment

I used VW MK3 Golf boot lid tailgate gas lift struts 1H6 827 550 A for my 2755 engine hatch. £7.99 each secondhand off Ebay, work a treat.

Comment

Working...
          X