Repowering a 1983 Capri 1600 Bowrider-gctid821564

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repowering a 1983 Capri 1600 Bowrider-gctid821564

I just want to repower from my 85hp Force to a newer motor that most shops can service or repair. Looking at a 90 Merc probably. Hull is in good shape. I am open to any suggestions and tips from anyone who has undertaken this type of project. Especially if you have feedback on where you purchased your newer motor and associated controls/steering. Thanks!

I would check the weight difference between the 85 Force and a new 4 stroke 90 Merc... some of the 4 strokes are pretty hefty these days. Pick a marine dealer who has rigged many boats both new and retro fit- for an experienced mechanic this job is not difficult.
    1994 2050
    4.3L 180 HP Alpha One
    21 Al prop ,new starter
    NW Ontario,Canada

Comment

I am looking to get a newer, but used, two stroke as I want to keep the weights close to original as possible, but i do appreciate the advice for sure. I did talk to a shop in town and the lead mech did seem to say it was not too hard of a project. I am curious as to where a good place is to pick up a newer used motor. I have seen a few large dealers on line and was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of them. I do appreciate the feedback for sure. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X