Dogbox-gctid821469

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogbox-gctid821469

The dogbox that covers my engine is lined with a black felt like material which is "Shedding" off. What can I replace it with that would be fire proof. Thank you

"alleng8304" post=821469 wrote:
    The dogbox that covers my engine is lined with a black felt like material which is "Shedding" off. What can I replace it with that would be fire proof. Thank you
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEI-050130-3...s what I used.
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Comment

did I miss something here? what did you use thanks

Comment

"alleng8304" post=821599 wrote:
        did I miss something here? what did you use thanks
        Click on what I wrote; it's a link. It has an adhesive back that you cut, peel and apply.
        "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
        MMSI: 367637220
        HAM: KE7TTR
        TDI tech diver
        BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
        Kevin

Comment

There are also Soundown in Salem, MA and Sound Technology in Tigard OR that make a variety of sound deadening products for marine and industrial applications.

Greg

P.S. Please fill out your profile page. I included manufacturers from each side of the country because I don't know the area where you use your boat.
          Newport, Oregon
          South Beach Marina
          1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
          Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
          Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Working...
            X