This is strange!!-gctid820904

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is strange!!-gctid820904

I have a Bayliner Capri (1986) 225AQ with 280 outdrive. Engine has been rebuilt. New impeller. When I put muffs on out drive it picks up very little water- mostly air. I changed the muffs to a better pair which completely covers the inlet holes at bottom of foot. still very little pumping. When I put the boat in the lake it pumpls great just like it is suppose too but does not on muffs. This is strange? Thanks

allen

There's a hole at the very bottom of the drive that needs to be plugged in order to run on muffs.

Comment

Interesting-Thank you!!

Comment

There's a hole at the very bottom of the drive that needs to be plugged in order to run on muffs.
        [color]blue wrote:
        Unless the garden hose water volume is limited, the drain hole does not necessarily need to be plugged.

If the supply is limited, plugging it certainly helps.

The other issue is the "water neck fitting" that is just in front of the Intermediate housing and is attached to the Suspension Fork.

These are a "wear" item and require routine replacement.

One small breach here, and the seawater pump will not be able to create suction.

Time to remove the transmission and replace:

bearing crosses

drive shaft bellows

water neck fitting

and O-rings

.[/color]
        Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

The water neck fitting was rotten and it was replaced as you suggested. thanks

Comment

Working...
          X