4550 motoryacht ac-gctid820669

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4550 motoryacht ac-gctid820669

I recently had my salon ac stop blowing cold air. I thought it was a thermostat issue so I bypassed it, but still no cold air.there is adequate water coming out of the trough hulls. is there maybe a reset button or something on the compressor itself, or am I looking at a huge replacement cost replacing the units.thanks
    roman zareczny

Roman, when you say "replacing the units", I assume there are more units than just in the salon. Are the other units pumping cold air when you turn them on and leave the salon unit off? What is your definition of adequate water - if not full flow from all thru hulls, that may affect sensors that impact the cooling cycle kicking in. There may be weed or blockages in the pump thru hull or strainer.

I'm uncertain on the exact setup you have (brand, pump system connections). it's similar to mine, there is a control box in my engine room where the electrics and thermostats come together and it may well be that modules in that box have failed. If the water pump is working, check out whether the other units are functioning effectively. Before you start replacing units, have a marine a/c tech check it out if you can't trouble shoot a solution.

Please also complete your profile as well. Hope this assists. Cheers
    John H
    Brisbane QLD Aust
    "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

Roman I have the same problem with my stateroom a/c. did you find out what was/is wrong.

I don't know where to go to get my compressor, which I think is the problem, fixed.

I have a 3 Marine Air System units on my 4588. the one not working is a Model JRL 4-C12H split unit ,3 compressors outside the port engine. Hard to get to.

Comment

Hi, unfortunately I didn't. sounds like we have the same systems. I thought it was a thermostat issue so bypassed it. still didn't get any cool air. my guess now is the compressors are the issue. wish I had the solution. sorry I couldn't be more helpful
        roman zareczny

Comment

Working...
        X