Battery charger replacement-gctid820274

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery charger replacement-gctid820274

I am trying to replace my old battery charger. It is a 10amp dual bank quest charger which is hard wired to my breaker panel. All new battery chargers come with a cord and plug. From what I understand it is ilegal to put a receptacle in the engine compartment so how do I get power to the chsrger? If I cut the plug off the charger and hard wire it,it voids the warranty

Any suggestions appreciated. .

I just installed one of these and I had to hard wire it.

http://www.promariner.com/en/63130
    Dave
    2004 Bayliner 305(twin 220hp Bravo II drives)
    2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser
    2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
    http://baylinerownersclub.org/galler...2_itemId=11187

Comment

You got a big boat, don't put a little boy charger in. Get one that has a nice float/maintain feature.

moultdkdj has the right idea unless you don't use your house bank much

Why not go 20 amp?

Most chargers don't have a plug, they require a hard connection.
      Tally and Vicki
      "Wickus" Meridian 341
      MMSI 338014939

Comment

"talman" post=820282 wrote:
        You got a big boat, don't put a little boy charger in. Get one that has a nice float/maintain feature.

moultdkdj has the right idea unless you don't use your house bank much

Why not go 20 amp?

Most chargers don't have a plug, they require a hard connection.
        [size]5 wrote:
        [color]blue wrote:
        + 1![/color][/size]
        Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

I too replaced my original charger with the new 30 amp Promariner charger. It's fully automatic and I have noticed the battery fluid has not needed to be topped off as frequently as with the old charger, which was the now discontinued Promariner unit. Griff

Comment

I have looked at this charger and the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it's not water proof. The warranty will not cover any damage caused by water intrusion. I will be mounting the charger in my engine compartment.. this is a dry spot but it could get wet when the hatch is open, I get a leak in my water system or just cleaning the compartment. Would prefer a water proof or resistant charger.

Comment

I agree, talman, i was planning on going with the 30 amp 3 bank. I do use the house battery alot and I also have one dedicated to my stereo amp system. I have searched the Internet and the pro nautic is the only one I have found that is hard wired.

Comment

Working...
              X