Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tacho sender location Hino diesel 135hp???-gctid819911

Hi,

My tachometers are jumping and now i have to locate the tachometer sender on both engines. Where are they? Which colour wiring? Tried search here but didnt find an answer....

Please help, picture would be helpful too.
    New owner of a 3270, 2xHino 135

The WO4 series engines have the tach drive on the back of the cylinder head. It has a right angle drive to the starboard side and has two wires coming out of what looks similar to a potentiometer (a.k.a. as a variable resister). There is a long hex nut, like a connector nut, between the right angle drive and the disc with the wires coming out of it. Check the wires to the multi-pin connector on the port side of each engine as a faulty 12 vdc connection there can make the tach needles jump around too.

Greg
    Newport, Oregon
    South Beach Marina
    1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
    Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
    Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

An update to my tach problem, got the starboard engine tach working but the port tachsender is broken. Does someone have the sender partnumber? Didnt see any on the sender...

Comment

check this site

https://www.marinepartssupply.com/book/19/692/

subscribe to my youtube channel

www.youtube.com/c/MyBoatandMylife

Comment

Don't order from Marine Supply on this, you can get the drive pins and senders from Faria . pn is faria 90901 You can get them on Amazon etc.. I needed new plastic drive pins and Faria sent them to me { free} , good customer service.

Cheers,Gary
          Afterglow 4788
          Gary Weiss
          Sidney BC
          ArbutusCoastYachts.com

Comment

I have the same engines. Ordered tach sender from amazon. Search for Diesel Tachometer Sender. It's a Faria sender with adaptors and a variety of pins. Takes about 10 min. to change out. I ended up cutting the wires and putting connectors in so if I had to replace again it's a plug and play. Please consider that if the sender is the tiniest bit loose the tach will jump around. And some times you only have to replace the pin. Good luck.

Comment

Well, the starboard tachs connection was just bad,cleaned them and now it works but other sender was broken so ordered a new from faria and now it works fine...

Hate bad senders or gauges, sometine when enough money over ill buy new gauges and senders all around but before that ill do some more important maintenance..

Next project is a leaking fresh watertank which i noticed, didnt notice it when i bought the boat because didnt have any freshwater in the tank

Comment

Working...
              X