Norcold AC/DC fridge de0061-gctid819860

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norcold AC/DC fridge de0061-gctid819860

Just a word of caution to potential fridge buyers, I have nothing but bad to say about the Norcold customer service, I was having an issue with the DC part of the fridge not starting under 12.25 v. Where is should be at some lower value. The Norcold response was take it to a dealer.... Right!!!

I Spent a few hrs on the internet and found a wiring diagram for the DanFoss controller, complete with resistor values for correct operation.

Norcold must be too cheap to hire anyone who knows anything about Norcold units, and just hires somebody to say

and I quote....

I'm sorry to hear you have been having problems with your refrigerator. There are too many variables that could be affecting your unit to troubleshoot via email. Also, due to liability and safety issues we do not offer technical advice via email or over the phone, consequently we are unable to diagnose the problems with your unit. It requires diagnostics by an Authorized Norcold Service Center technician.

Please take your unit to an Authorized Norcold Service Center. You may find a service center near you

Take a look at Dometic instead....
    1988 3870
    Hino 4 cyl 210 turbos (upgrade)
    Hull extension
    LIves in Powell River

I only got 25 years out of the same fridge figured if it lasted from 1988 to 2013 I would replace it. Got a great deal on a DC-254 $100.00 for a factory rebuilt thanks to Doug.

Their service information that is printed on the back of the manual and dated 2/83 says for service or parts contact the nearest service center. If nearest location is unknown call 1-800-543-1219.

Ken

When the 12v side went in the old fridge I did run it off an inverter for 2 summers. The old one is still running off 120v in my garage. Made for a nice beer fridge.
    300SD all options sold.

Comment

Search "Norcold" user name boatworkfl

for good Norcold cooling answers.
      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Mine was nearly at a point where it was on the inverter full time, not the most effecient use of 12v. The fix was a 10 cent resistor in the wiring outside of the control unit. Fridge is now 100%. My problem with NORCOLD is not the fridge it is the total lack of customer support. Any Norcold tech could have pointed me to the resistor in the wire loop, but oh no they want to support their dealer network over their customers.

Dometic will be my next unit.
        1988 3870
        Hull extension
        LIves in Powell River

Comment

I did a search for Dan Foss control unit, and found a wiring diagram, that NORCOLD would have, but they don't care about their customers, only supporting their dealer network.

The fridge is fixed, no more inverter time.. NO thanks to NORCOLD customer support...

search for secop 101n0500.
          1988 3870
          Hull extension
          LIves in Powell River

Comment

Working...
          X