thrown prop-gctid819735

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thrown prop-gctid819735

what could it be?took the boat out today and was putting along fine and next thing i know it sounded like i threw a prop. put in neutral and realized the prop is still there. put it back in gear and could only keep it at 4-5mph otherwise it would feel like you lost your prop. i have a vp-280 outdrive. I would appreciate any input on what this could be. Thank you

Your prop is spun, need to replace the prop. The old one might still be repairable, check with propeller shop.
    Alex
    1997 2859, 7.4 MPI, Bravo II
    1993 2452, 5.7 Bravo II - SOLD

Comment

Thank you for the help. very relieved to hear it's not my outdrive itself

Comment

Same thing recently happened to me for the first time...I had kept the original prop and the needed tools onboard as a "back-up". The "Admiral" originally said when I was gearing up the boat for the season, "that takes up space and adds weight". When I spun the prop while out on the water and grabbed my "space taking extra weight" I reminded her of her comment. I jumped in the water, changed the prop and we were in our way in about 15 mins.....man that was GREAT rest of the day !!
        Lake Hartwell, GA
        2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
        1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
        1987 SeaRay 300 - Twin 454’s
        1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
        1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
        1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
        1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO
        1996 SeaDoo GTX
        1999 SeaDoo GTX

Comment

Install your good and like size/pitch spare propeller and go out for a test run!
          Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
          2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
          Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
          Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
          Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
          X