2452 Cierra Classic issue-gctid819643

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2452 Cierra Classic issue-gctid819643

Ok before I start this question, hopefully its not a stupid question. Bear with me I am new to a larger boat. When i got to my 2452 that was slipped as I moved around I heard something start up. So I thought it was my automatic bildge. I fished for about 6 hours and when i turned off the mortor I still heard something running. I started checking everything and it was not the bilges. It tunrs out it was a pump for the toilet I believe? I had to pull a fuse to get it to stop. No gauges were on and I have not located any switches. It is no longer docked I plan to look into it tomorrow. Any suggestions? Problem somthing simple.
    1996 2542 Cierra Express with a 5.7L mercruiser 2 barrel carb, Thunderbolt ignition

One of three things

Macerator (empties the black tank out the side of the boat - a No-No on inland waters)

Shower sump (pumps the water out of the bottom of the bathroom - but I dont believe a 24 has an onboard shower)

Water pump

or a 2nd bilge pump....?
    97 2859

Comment

"kingfisher 11" post=819643 wrote:
      Ok before I start this question, hopefully its not a stupid question. Bear with me I am new to a larger boat. When i got to my 2452 that was slipped as I moved around I heard something start up. So I thought it was my automatic bildge. I fished for about 6 hours and when i turned off the mortor I still heard something running. I started checking everything and it was not the bilges. It tunrs out it was a pump for the toilet I believe? I had to pull a fuse to get it to stop. No gauges were on and I have not located any switches. It is no longer docked I plan to look into it tomorrow. Any suggestions? Problem somthing simple.
      Since discharging waste water into an ocean, river or lake is illegal, if it is a macerator, it's likely for the fish wells in your aft deck. If so, there should be a switch on your helm. Try that.
      "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
      MMSI: 367637220
      HAM: KE7TTR
      TDI tech diver
      BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
      Kevin

Comment

It was not my bilge pumps, checked both of them. I do not have a shower or fish live wells. I previous owner said he disconnected the pump out because it was illegal in the great lakes. I checked all switches to make sure they were off. I flipped them on and off to see it it made a difference. Is it possible I have a bad switch?

Keep the suggestions coming i appreciate them.
        1996 2542 Cierra Express with a 5.7L mercruiser 2 barrel carb, Thunderbolt ignition

Comment

"kingfisher 11" post=819650 wrote:
          It was not my bilge pumps, checked both of them. I do not have a shower or fish live wells. I previous owner said he disconnected the pump out because it was illegal in the great lakes. I checked all switches to make sure they were off. I flipped them on and off to see it it made a difference. Is it possible I have a bad switch?
          I'm not referring to the live wells. Depending on your aft deck, if you have one or two long wells in your aft deck. These are not live wells, they are to put caught fish and ice in. The well drains are hooked to a macerator.

[attachment]39738 wrote:
          962452.jpg[/attachment]

As an example, this is my deck.

[attachment]39739 wrote:
          BonDCAftDeck.jpg[/attachment]

The two long wells are (or should I say were) connected to a macerator.
          "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
          TDI tech diver
          Kevin

Comment

The pictures are my boat. I have two switches that he said were for dumping but they are shut off, I tried turning on and shutting off with those with no effect. I looked all over for another snother switch and everything was off. I noticed on the port side well there was two hoses capped off.

It sounded like it was coming from under the starboard side.

Edit for spelling....did not have my reading glasses on

Comment

Have you put back the fuse you removed before checking these things?
              1995 Bayliner 2452
              Alpha 1 Gen II
              2016 - 5.7 Vortec 4BBL
              Full Closed Cooling

Comment

What I need ia a owners manul for this boat. I hardly know anything about it but what was briefly reviewed when I bought it. Basically I was tald about the basic start and do this and that review.

Comment

I did put the fuse back and it kicked on again. I had time to track it down, It is the pump on the starboard side just under the capaint chair. It's on the side of a big tank which I have to assume its the waste tank? I tried flipping both switches for the disposal tank, nothing. The former owner said they were capped off. I don't know enough about the boat to be for sure. That is why I need a manual and I will start googling it.

Comment

Sounds like it's your fresh water system pump. I know this because mine quit working and I have to get under there to replace/repair it. You said you checked your switches. The switch for this pump on my boat is near the sink and is lit when on. Do you have your fresh water tank full? If not it is trying to pressurize the system.
                    Jim, Central pa, '98 2452

Comment

"downriver4" post=819882 wrote:
                      Sounds like it's your fresh water system pump. I know this because mine quit working and I have to get under there to replace/repair it. You said you checked your switches. The switch for this pump on my boat is near the sink and is lit when on. Do you have your fresh water tank full? If not it is trying to pressurize the system.
                      Thank you sir,,,,that was it. The little switch under the stink by itself. I have to get me a owners manual so I know where all these switches are,

Comment

http://bayliner.com/owners-manual/
                        TDI tech diver
                        Kevin

Comment

"CptCrunchie" post=819891 wrote:
                          http://bayliner.com/owners-manual/
                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X