Ciera 2150 choke-gctid819157

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ciera 2150 choke-gctid819157

1987 3.0l OMC with Rochester 2 barrel carb. How is the choke supposed to work? It looks as though there should be a connection to a heat source to make the "clock spring" expand and open the choke flap but mine is not connected to anything.

Supposed to have a heat pipe / exchanger from the block.

#52 in the diagram ...

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/om...p%3B+Fuel+Pump

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

"Drjohn2150" post=819157 wrote:
      1987 3.0l OMC with Rochester 2 barrel carb. How is the choke supposed to work? It looks as though there should be a connection to a heat source to make the "clock spring" expand and open the choke flap but mine is not connected to anything.
      [color]blue wrote:
      The cold Helix (what you are calling the "clock spring") tension against the choke plate linkage, closes off the choke chimney.

A closed off choke chimney causes an enriched low speed fuel/air mixture for during cold start-ups!

If your carburetor is as shown in post #2, hot air is pulled in through the small heat exchanger tube and is directed towards the Helix.

As the Helix warms, it pulls the choke plate open,

Any initial adjustments will be made while the engine is cold. [/color]
      Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

I thought that might be the case. Do you know where the pipe goes to from the choke chamber? The pipe fitting looks like it would take a 1/4" o/ d pipe. Would it be correct to have the open end of this near to the exhaust manifold as its heat source?

Comment

Working...
        X