Replacement for Origo 4300E - Electric/Alcohol Stove?-gctid818930

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement for Origo 4300E - Electric/Alcohol Stove?-gctid818930

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to source a replacement for my Origo 4300E stove as fitted in my Bayliner 2855?

I've been looking online and cannot seem to find a direct replacement by Dometic or anyone else.

Ideally I'd like a similar size ceramic hob (not worried about using alcohol) that could slot straight into cut out in worktop.

Any ideas appreciated!

Cheers
    1996 Bayliner 2855 Ciera | Mercruiser 5.7 350 MAG MPI
    Name of boat: "Splash"
    Falmouth, Cornwall, UK

Direct replacements can be found on eBay
    Dave
    Edmonds, WA
    "THE FIX"
    '93 2556
    Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
    Misc. projects thread
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

"builderdude" post=818938 wrote:
      Direct replacements can be found on https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...e: <br /> eBay
      eBay was the first placed I looked...nothing available - not here in UK anyway.

Wonder if there are any 2 burner glass ceramic hobs that anyone has found to fit?i
      Falmouth, Cornwall, UK

Comment

Are you looking for electric only?

My electric/alcohol was replaced by a diesel. Looked factory to me until I saw the 110v wires were cut. It's a Wallas and they are made somewhere in Europe. Supposed to be good. Works as a heater too.

Attached files

Esteban
        Huntington Beach, California
        2018 Element 16
        Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida
        Former Bayliners: 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

"Splash" post=818930 wrote:
          Hi, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to source a replacement for my Origo 4300E stove as fitted in my Bayliner 2855?

I've been looking online and cannot seem to find a direct replacement by Dometic or anyone else.

Ideally I'd like a similar size ceramic hob (not worried about using alcohol) that could slot straight into cut out in worktop.

Any ideas appreciated!

Cheers
          As I understand it, Dometic no longer makes the alcohol/electric model. They only make the alcohol model. If alcohol only is acceptable, I believe that the current Origo 4100 will fit the existing cutout of 575 x 320 mm.

The Wallas stove that Green650 suggests is a very good unit. From what I see online it appears that the required cutout for these is 450 x 318 mm; so you may need to fabricate a small spacer. You will also need to install an exhaust through-hull and find a space for the small diesel tank.

If you are looking for an electric unit, there may be a few alternatives. These are the manufacturers that sell stove tops in the US; you may want to check if any of these are available in the UK:

Seaward, Furion, and Force 10. https://www.fisheriessupply.com/boat...&ct=4294967100
          1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
          2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
          Anacortes, WA
          Isla Verde, PR

Comment

"green650" post=819000 wrote:
            Are you looking for electric only?

My electric/alcohol was replaced by a diesel. Looked factory to me until I saw the 110v wires were cut. It's a Wallas and they are made somewhere in Europe. Supposed to be good. Works as a heater too. [attachment]39561 wrote:
            IMG_5609.JPG[/attachment]
            Looks great - ideally looking to replace with electric only though. It does look like a factory fit job through. Thanks
            Falmouth, Cornwall, UK

Comment

"Norton Rider" post=819003 wrote:
              "Splash" post=818930 wrote:

Any ideas appreciated!

Cheers
              As I understand it, Dometic no longer makes the alcohol/electric model. They only make the alcohol model. If alcohol only is acceptable, I believe that the current Origo 4100 will fit the existing cutout of 575 x 320 mm.

The Wallas stove that Green650 suggests is a very good unit. From what I see online it appears that the required cutout for these is 450 x 318 mm; so you may need to fabricate a small spacer. You will also need to install an exhaust through-hull and find a space for the small diesel tank.

If you are looking for an electric unit, there may be a few alternatives. These are the manufacturers that sell stove tops in the US; you may want to check if any of these are available in the UK:

Seaward, Furion, and Force 10. https://www.fisheriessupply.com/boat...&ct=4294967100
              Excellent - that's really useful, thanks. I've seen the Origo 4100 alcohol only version but ideally I'd like to keep the electric option. Thanks for sharing the link - these look like exactly what I'm after so hopefully I can find a UK stockist.
              Falmouth, Cornwall, UK

Comment

Just bought one in a garage sale for $25.00 and sold it for $80.00 a week later.

I found another in the old marine store at the north end of Commercial in Anacortes, WA. Don't remember the price ($150 ???) They may of had two of them. I have the same in my 2556 - works great.

Comment

I found a replacement for the Origo 4300e on eBay. A guy in Latvia (seriously) is advertising having 5 available, but they are 220V. Has anyone had any experience with Kenyon B61148? It's also an electric/alcohol combo stove and seems to be generally available.

http://salestores.com/kenyonb61148.h...YgJ12l8.mailto
                  2007 288 Discovery Command Bridge
                  Tacoma, WA

Comment

The Kenyon stove looks like a great alternative to the original Origo. In case you haven't seen this yet, here is a link to the Kenyon site. The manual and installation drawings can be downloaded there:

http://www.cookwithkenyon.com/shop/a...tric-2-burner/
                    1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                    Anacortes, WA
                    Isla Verde, PR

Comment

Have you given thought to replacing it with a propane stove? I did that and ran the propane to the stern where the small tank fits inside the kicker holder on the transom. I did install a propane detector inside the cabin but now we are free from the grid and can cook hot meals/coffee etc on the hook...

I found a wood top to fit on top the aluminum cover and used a no slip pad for the top of that.

Attached files

Doug ;}
                      MMSI: 338068776
                      "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

I went induction many years ago on the Avanti and did the same with the Carver. Induction is very efficient and will boil water faster than a butane stove. Here is a good example of a smaller one that can be inset or table top. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/True-Inductio...cAAOSwZ1BXfjDi Just do a search on ebay in your area as you will obviously require 220v.
                        Cheers, Hans
                        2007 Carver 41 CMY
                        Twin Volvo D6-370
                        Montreal, Canada
                        Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Working...
                        X