Salon - Cockpit speaker switch-gctid398735

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salon - Cockpit speaker switch-gctid398735

I am almost done finishing the stereo system in my 2755 but I am confusing on how the cockpit / salon switch works.

I have 4 speakers on the cockpit and 2 inside the boat. I want to be able to switch between playing music inside and outside but not all 6 at the same time.

Technically this switch would do it but it only has 6 ports in the back. I assume: 3 ports are +, 3 others -

In order to hook the 2 speakers inside for example, it would take 4 ports from the switch as each speaker has 2 wires. Otherwise I could use 2 ports from the switch and connect the 2 speakers in parallel.

My concern is hooking up the speakers in parallel would drop Ohms from 8 to 4 or 4 to 2 and I am not sure radio will handle it. I am not using an amp as the radio is 52x4 watts and runs the speakers loud and clear enough.

Any suggestions I can get this switch to work?

Switch looks just like the pics

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/702423=29512-switch1.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/702423=29513-switch2.jpg[/img]

I would assume that all the leads to the switch are plus leads, and that the minuses are hidden in a nest behind the panel and drawn directly to the speakers, which means you'll have to locate those to connect the minuses from the stereo.

You'll have right and left IN from the stereo in the middle, and r/l OUT at the top and bottom as labeled on the front of the switch.

Check the stereo manual for a two speaker setup (or bridgeing).

Comment

Working...
    X