Where can I find discontinued Mercruiser Parts.-gctid817653

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find discontinued Mercruiser Parts.-gctid817653

I've been having problems with the steering on my Bayliner 2858. I need to replace the steering actuator but Mercury has stopped production of the 806034A 2 - ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY. If I tried ordered apart it sends the replacement part which does not fit on my 1999 boat. Does anybody have any idea where I can find aftermarket Mercury parts?

I think that's really a pretty standard assembly. Send me a pm with a picture of the part you need. I have a complete 2001 assembly that's brand new and been collecting dust since, well, 2001. I did a twin engine installation and only needed one actuator.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Here is the picture I found on line.

Attached files

Comment

Okay, I think that looks like what I have. It will be Friday or so before I can look at it because I'm out on our boat for a few more days. I'm bothered though by what kind of issue you are having. These things are usually the more trouble free pieces of the system. Have you disconnected the steering cable and tested it for ease of operation? The reason I'm asking is that when I bought my 1980 Encounter in 1987, I was told, and it felt like, the assist hydraulic was not functioning. It was like trying to drive a car with the engine shut off. I bought a new setup like your picture and when I disconnected the steering cable the wheel was still hard to turn. I replaced the steering cable and that ended the problem. That same steering cable was on the boat when I sold it in May.

Just giving ideas. I'll be in touch
        P/C Pete
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Those can be found all over eBay but Im with Pete, check the cable(s) first.
          Dave
          Edmonds, WA
          "THE FIX"
          '93 2556
          Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
          Misc. projects thread
          https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Thanks for the info. I had a mechanic check out the system and he confirmed that the cables are ok and that the actuator needs to be replaced.

Jim

Comment

The one I have is an 806034-A1. Data code 320-9 whatever that means. Box says made in Brazil. It is for the 4.3L with an Alpha. I looked up the where it was used on and found that the A2 design I three pounds heavier and went to Bravos although the A1 was also used on Bravos.

I think eBay or net searches are what you are up against. One thing I did notice was the pictures from the A2 to the new part have the unit rotated so it looks very different, but I couldn't find any pictures I could do a side by side with. Are you sure the new part number won't fit? I haven't experienced a superseded pare that didn't fit my original.
              P/C Pete
              1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
              MMSI 367770440

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I have been out in the boat. I'll run this by my mechanic and see what he says. I have the Bravo 3 outdrive.

The replacement part that everyone is trying to sell me does not work. I'll let you know what he says.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                X