Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Force 120 outboard- low compression on 4th cylinder-gctid817623

Hi All,

i am new to this forum, and new to boating. i purchased a used boat about a month ago, 1989 bayliner capri with a 97 force 120 outboard motor. boat ran perfectly the first 3 times i went out, but this last time, something was not quite right. once the boat starts in the morning, it would always start at the turn of the key and no problems all day, but this day, it actually took a few tries after i stopped to pick someone up, i found it odd, as it never did that before. later in the day, it stalled while i was at idle, and thern i was able to start it and get moving again. As we were heading to the dock it turned off while at full speed back to the dock, this was very odd. turned it on again and almost made it to the dock, about 25 feet from dock it turned off, and wont stay on at idle, if i rev it in neutral, it will stay on. took boat to marina, and basically the guy said its 5000 dollars to fix it ??? is it really that bad or should i get a second opinion ? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks. Vic.
Working...
X