2006 289 Bench Cushion Removal-gctid816782

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 289 Bench Cushion Removal-gctid816782

Hi Folks "How do you remove the bench cushions" the bench in the cockpit on the port side, when your sitting on it your facing the Captain.

I think I may have a Wasp's nest back there!

When I was working on the boat this past Sunday I saw a Wasp or maybe it was a Hornet ( I didn't get close enough to read the label) go into the gap between the two cushion and while I stood very still it came out in a few minutes.

So I need to inspect that area before my crew comes on board.

Thanks

2859Driver aka Chris
    2859driver aka Chris
    2006 289
    383 Black Scorpion L
    Care For A Port ?
    Deale, Maryland

From the lower bunk there is a narrow panel that can be removed that gets you to the back rest fasteners, I would wait till its cool, slows the bees.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Thanks Fritzman,

I gave the cushion a tug and I could tell that it was not a snap on type of deal.

This weekend i'll work on it.

2859Driver
      2859driver aka Chris
      2006 289
      383 Black Scorpion L
      Care For A Port ?
      Deale, Maryland

Comment

I was wondering what that panel was hiding...now I don't have to take it off to see.
        Esteban
        Huntington Beach, California
        2018 Element 16
        Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida
        Former Bayliners: 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

We get the, every summer someplace. If you're gonna open the panel do make sure you have a Raid hornet spraynin your hand ready to fire. Make sure retreat is already planned ahead and do it at dusk. Don't shoot in short bursts a machine gun. Let her rip and keep it coming pointed at the hive hole. They will just fly out and drop and keep dropping . Once you get some out flying around it's time to bail, they'll be sick anyways and die soon anyways . By morning there may be a few hangers on but that will be it. A quick squirt wii take those out then you can clean up the mess.

Comment

Working...
          X