Front stateroom AC access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front stateroom AC access

Does anyone know how to get access to the AC unit in the front stateroom in a 1986 4550 motor yacht? I think it needs to be recharged because its not producing a lot of cool air like the salon unit and the pilothouse. I guess another question would be where are the other units as well? Thanks for your help.
    roman zareczny

Depends a bit on where and when it was made I think....

Your 45 likely has 'split' AC units with the compressors (3) on the port outer side of the port engine. If so you will need to look there to assess the Freon issue if it exists.

For the condenser units -

Fwd - look under the port side of the master bed. It may be that the air filters leading to the unit and fan there are full of crud.

Galley/ saloon - Look under the seat bases for the pilothouse seats.

Pilothouse - look under the fwd section of the pilothouse in the 'door' below the steering wheel.

Many cooling issues can be traced back to low air flow due to: blocked air cleaners, blocked fins on the condensers and poor use of ducts and outlets. Also check the fan speed which is controllable assuming it is not defective.
    Northport NY

Comment

does anyone know where to get a start run switch for that Marine Air Systems system switch?

Comment

Working...
      X