1987 2555 Bayliner Ciera - Prop-gctid816143

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 2555 Bayliner Ciera - Prop-gctid816143

I know that this has been discussed at length but haven't found definitive answer online. I have a Volvo penta 260b with Volvo penta 275 for a 2555 bayliner ciera. I am having slippage at 3200 rpm which leads me to believe i have a spun prop. i don't know the history of the prop so wad just going to replace. I am sure that the existing prop is 14x17. Does this sound right? Am i right to assume this is a right hand spinning prop? Can anyone help me to know what to purchase and the best bang for the buck. I am not at the boat but want to have a new prop I hand for this weekend if possible. HELP PLEASE !

If not a spun prop any other suggestions what could be causing this? I had two pretty worn out props when I got the boat and there was no prop affixed so I really don't know the state of either. Should I be looking at something else or is a new pop a good place to start?

Thank you,

Roger

14X** is to small. I would suggest a 15X17 Volvo Penta prop. Rotation we can't say as it could be made to turn either direction very easy.

On my 245 i ran a 15X19. I would also only use Volvo Penta brand props. I tried other brands and the performance was not as good.
    Pat. Sandpoint Ida
    I NEED ANOTHER BOAT!!

Comment

yes, I agree 15x17 for this boat for general use. It is what I use on my 2150 and can both ski and still hit just short of 40 top end. Check ebay for used props. last one I picked up was $60 for an alum prop.
      1987 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2150.
      May your portapot not tip over in 5 foot seas.......

Comment

Thanks for your input on this. Seems reasonable that this would be the right prop. As i mentioned the boat did not have any props on it when i got it and who is to say that they previous owner wasn't experimenting.

Is it safe to assume that that i should be getting a Right Handed Prop? the boat is extremely hard to steer right under power so am i right that this is because of prop tork?

Thanks for your help!

Roger

Comment

Look like this?

Pat. Sandpoint Ida
          I NEED ANOTHER BOAT!!

Comment

Is that trim tab at an excessive angle in that picture, straighten it out and start over with steering trim!
            2550 Cierra, AQ260 Volvo Penta (350 Chevy)
            Laporte, CO

Comment

"Yendrabuilt" post=816298 wrote:
              Is that trim tab at an excessive angle in that picture, straighten it out and start over with steering trim!
              Thats what it takes to have hand off with no pull L/R when running straight.

No matter anyway as it was changed to a DP lower unit.
              Pat. Sandpoint Ida
              I NEED ANOTHER BOAT!!

Comment

Have you taken it out on the water yet, how much improvement over the single?
                2550 Cierra, AQ260 Volvo Penta (350 Chevy)
                Laporte, CO

Comment

Working...
                X