Upholstery repair: mouse had a party on my boat [pics]-gctid815448

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upholstery repair: mouse had a party on my boat [pics]-gctid815448

Hey guys, looks like a mouse had a party on my boat. Ripped a 2" hole in my upholstery.

Any suggestions on products / materials / services to get an invisible upholstery / vinyl repair? Can someone point me in the right direction for a product / brand name to purchase? Is this a DIY thing?

Thanks!

[img ]http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb386/makonnen454/boat/IMG_20170628_172731_zpsy5jzr3lz.jpg[/img]

[img ]http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb386/makonnen454/boat/IMG_20170627_204445_zps9bxdqlos.jpg[/img]

Looks pretty big to go the goo route . Not in an especially nice place either. Here's a way out there thoug from an old scrounger. If you do need a piece To glue in that hole take a look under your seats. There may be enough extra tucked under there past the staples to do your filling deed. You're going to have to fill that divot with foam of some sort too. Glue it in place. They make those vinyl kits which I used a long time ago. You put the patch (a good bit larger diameter ) under the good stuff with the goo up under the edges all around. It's clear and hardens glues things together fairly well. Come to think of it the best stuff I ever used for this sorta thing, SHOE GOO. $4 at Big Lots Store. It holds like crazy though and what seep out from the edges at least is clear. You could also fill that divot with Shoe goo. That would also help glue the patch in place even better. It'll be a tad stiff there though but what do you care, B) you're driving right?

Is this a great idea, NO. Will it hold up for years, LIKELY NO. Is it pretty NO. I'm offering this up only as something to "get er done" temporarily or unless you can't find a real fix from somebody else, likely reupholstering the seat, (real fix). By all. Evans if someone has a better idea.....do that!

Start feeding your mice a little better..........traps $.50 each peanut butter almost free.p

Comment

You could try fibrenew.com. I have heard good things about their repairs and they come to you.

Comment

Take a good look at the stitching and the thread on the rest of the seat . If it's aging replacement might just be more worth your while . Stick holes starting to elongate, threads rotten or tearing out ect. A fabric shop may not charge too much to fairly well match the fabric. It could well be the best option as long as it comes out to work on. The material itself is relatively inexpensive online. You could likely do iit yourself but the dwvils in the pleats and piping.

Comment

Take a good look at the stitching and the thread on the rest of the seat . If it's aging replacement might just be more worth your while . Stick holes starting to elongate, threads rotten or tearing out ect. A fabric shop may not charge too much to fairly well match the fabric. It could well be the best option as long as it comes out to work on. The material itself is relatively inexpensive online. You could likely do it yourself but the devils in the pleats and piping.

Comment

Hi there!

I actually have quite a lot of experience repairing vinyl seats, I fix school buses for a living This is what we use, though I have no clue how appropriate it would be for "marine" vinyl.

Attached files

Comment

Working...
            X