Head that dont work??-gctid398435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head that dont work??-gctid398435

my toilet has been working just fine but this weekend when i went out to the boat and tried using it the manual flush would not go down, i tried to pump it but when you pushed the handle down it would pop up as though under pressure, i thought that my holding tank must be full so i had it pumped out and tried again this time the handle goes up and down easier but still comes up as though under pressure. what could be going wrong??

This is going to sound silly but................ Is the seacock open?

I know when mine is closed it creats a vacuum that makes the handle pop up like it is under pressure.....
    Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

i have a 1999 3055 and mine is the same way. i thought that is the way it is suppose to be. Pump in water fine but when you go to empty after about the 2nd pump it seems to have pressure. I assumed that it builds up a littler pressure to push everything to tank.

Comment

If it's a Jabsco type and has a wet/dry switch try jiggling it one way then the other. Sometimes, if left in a mid position, the pressure/vacuum doesn't work properly.

The working principle for a wet bowl is:

When the pump is pulled up water on top of the piston fills the bowl. At the same time a vacuum is created under the piston which is filled by what is currently in the bowl.

The next pump down evacuates what is in the bowl thru' the joker valve to the holding tank. At the same time a vacuum is created on top of the piston and water from the thru' hull fills the top of the piston and awaits the next flush.

During a dry bowl operation the vacuum on top of the piston, to normally draw in the water from the thru' hull, is relieved to atmosphere.

If the wet/dry switch is not in either of those wet/dry positions the vacuum is created, but not satisfied by either receiving water or relieving to atmosphere, so it sucks the handle back up.

At least...that's what I figure can happen.... but I might not be correct.

Comment

is the tank vent clogged?

I have had this happen from a clogged tank vent. If thats not it I would rebuild the pump.

Comment

Alaskanmutt wrote:
            This is going to sound silly but................ Is the seacock open?

I know when mine is closed it creats a vacuum that makes the handle pop up like it is under pressure.....
            Yep...or it could be a clogged intake.

Comment

biohazard wrote:
              is the tank vent clogged?

I have had this happen from a clogged tank vent. If thats not it I would rebuild the pump.
              You are the expert.

Comment

Working...
              X