Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm high rpm-gctid398412

Hello,

I am a Norwegian owner off a 305, 2004 2x5,7 carb. bravo2 close cooling, 400 houers. The alarm newers come on at lower rpm under 2000, but after about one minut at over about 3000 rpm at babor motors the alarm comes on but if I get back to under 2000 it stop. I can ot notice any differens at the temp. or oil pressure gauge. Ther is also plento off oil in the outdrive tank. Has change the temp. sensor lately. Impeller/house has been replased on both engine for two years ago. Today I notis at dock at idle there was a lot more bobbles form the outdrive from the engine that has the alarm problems. It this a impeller/house problem ? Sorry for my bad English.

kaare wrote:
    Hello,

I am a Norwegian owner off a 305, 2004 2x5,7 carb. bravo2 close cooling, 400 houers. The alarm newers come on at lower rpm under 2000, but after about one minut at over about 3000 rpm at babor motors the alarm comes on but if I get back to under 2000 it stop. I can ot notice any differens at the temp. or oil pressure gauge. Ther is also plento off oil in the outdrive tank. Has change the temp. sensor lately. Impeller/house has been replased on both engine for two years ago. Today I notis at dock at idle there was a lot more bobbles form the outdrive from the engine that has the alarm problems. It this a impeller/house problem ? Sorry for my bad English.
    Your English is fine and I would stop running the boat and get it out of the water for inspection. Hopefully it's something minor like a sensor but the bubbles sound like it's close up inspection time.

Comment

iceclimber wrote:
      ... would stop running the boat and get it out of the water for inspection. ...
      I agree you should get it solved and only take it out for testing.

Comment

kaare wrote:
        Hello,

My first guess would be manifolds/elbows or seawater pump. At 400 hours, she may be ready. Good luck, griff (2007 325, 2x5.7 carb bravo 2)

Comment

The alarm could be because of the low oil level in the outdrive reservoir level. The alarm on my boat goes off when the reservoir appears be be around 1/2 full.

Comment

myflies wrote:
            The alarm could be because of the low oil level in the outdrive reservoir level. The alarm on my boat goes off when the reservoir appears be be around 1/2 full.
            +1 I have a bravo 2 and has an gear oil reservoir with an alarm..very highly it could be it...400 to me seems low for any major issues though

Comment

By pass the sensor
              Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Food for thought.... if you recently replaced the impeller, you may have the hoses reveresered, that would account for the bubbles.

Comment

Thank you all for useful tips. I want a mechanics to look at the engine early next week. Have checked that there is enough gear oil.

Comment

The sensor can be bad bypass it then run the boat and if the alarm is not present you found the problem.
                    Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Chief Alen,

Which sensor are you talking about?

Comment

(Today I notis at dock at idle there was a lot more bobbles form the outdrive from the engine that has the alarm problems)

This was not correct information, Please ignore this.

Today I disconect the wiring to the temperatur sencor, took it out and the alarm did not came like it use to. I replase the sencor last year?

Anybody know if there is different types of sencors? Can not feel any difference between the temperature of the motors or risers.

Comment

Working...
                        X