Anyone have the lowrance LSS-2 on their ocean boat?-gctid398336

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have the lowrance LSS-2 on their ocean boat?-gctid398336

I'm in the process of mounting up a Lowrance HDS-7 and the LSS-2 on a 28' bounty and was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the LSS transducer getting damaged or problems with clipping from the drives (I/O) when mounted low on the transom next to the bilge drain. The bracket that comes with it is the same for the LSS-1. Which is im my opinion pretty cheesy for the almost 11" long transducer of the LSS-2. Just curious if anyone has some experience with this system and how they mounted the transducers.

Thanks.

Brandon

I have the lss-2 mounted on my single drive. Yes it is really long. I mounted mine as low as I could on the starboard side of drive. Haven't had any problems hitting anything soo far this season. Before mounting it, I turned the outdrive both ways to make sure it would never hit. Kindy tricky on getting it setup correctly. I think I get a little interference due to my drive. But there is really no other possible way to mount it. Their install instructions were pretty vague. I even called lowrance so that they could offer me suggestions on where to mount it.

Comment

Yeah thats a fact on the install instructions. Im working with dual drives and trim tabs so pretty much forced to mounting both the transducers on either side of the drain. Just seems like with that 11" sucker hanging out the back it would be catching a lot of water pressure coming up on plane but doesn't seem like your having any troubles.

Comment

Bountyfied wrote:
        Yeah thats a fact on the install instructions. Im working with dual drives and trim tabs so pretty much forced to mounting both the transducers on either side of the drain. Just seems like with that 11" sucker hanging out the back it would be catching a lot of water pressure coming up on plane but doesn't seem like your having any troubles.
        I haven't seen any complaints on THT, which is where they would likely show up - in the meantime, several members have had issues with very short Airmar transducers, and the bracket was recalled.

I'd trust that Navico did their homework on this one and it'll be just fine.

Comment

ill post some pics when mounted. Get your guys take on it.. I may have to fab something up.

Comment

Working...
          X