Lost key-gctid398177

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost key-gctid398177

We have lost our key to our 2007 175.....doh! How do we go about replacing it? Not sure I'd a standard locksmith can handle. Thanks for your assistance.

If you have the number that was on the key it can be ordered.

It might be easier to just buy a new ignition switch with new keys.
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

do you still have a key? If so, I had a few made at Walmart....... If not you may have to buy a new key switch. They are pretty primitive and not overly expensive. Then have at least another key made which always stays at home! I went through the same disaster with our last boat. Only one key and it broke...... For the "new" boat I have now a total of 6 keys as they are only $1.25 a piece. One hidden in the boat, 1 with my car keys and 3 at home. This way you will never drop one into the drink.

Comment

If you can remove the switch from your dash, take it to a locksmith and they can key it for you. I'd have to think that that's cheaper than a new switch.
        Bob Hawes.
        Kelowna, B.C.
        1998 Trophy 2052 WA
        4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

The "typical" switch is around $15, the most expensive one $37:

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Ignition-...view_id.216622

a locksmith just looking at it may already be more than the most expensive one. As these things corrode too it may just be a sign to get a new one.

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions. Do you think a Bayliner dealer would be able to re key?

Comment

He will be able to order a new key.

Not to kick you when down, but when i first get a new to me toy or truck whatever and receive only one key i always make a copy, home cheapo... blows... wal-mart...true value - all make keys cheap.
              Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Working...
              X