Question about Bennett Trim Tab hoses-gctid398114

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Bennett Trim Tab hoses-gctid398114

Tom, thanks to your troubleshooting tips, I was able to get a fellow boater up to snuff on his Bennett tabs this last week.

As I was eyeballing my setup, I noticed that the hoses from the pump to the fittings on the stern were, for lack of a better term, kind of flaking. I was hesitent to disturb them much, in case there condition would be made worse by my probing. What are those hoses made of? The old girl is a 1992. I'm guessing I should replace them if they are metal, but if they aren't, could I clean them up, or should I just replace them and be good. That just didn't look too difficult, but I thought I would check in with our resident expert.

Thanks

Tally.

PS. I still have the AFT nipple that the Tabman sent me to make filling the resevoir easier. That was close to 10 years ago. Amazing customer service. Nothing compares.
    Tally and Vicki
    "Wickus" Meridian 341
    MMSI 338014939

I still have the AFT nipple that the Tabman sent me to make filling the resevoir easier.
    Oooooh....is that something they sell on their site or something? My 3055 has just a few inches of clearance to fill the tab reservoir. Bayliner put that in a really stupid place.

Comment

The tubing is nylon and I really have not heard of it flaking. We did use to make our "tube bending clips" out of metal and they would rot out over the years. These clip on to the tubing to make a nice 90 degree turn without kinking. Perhaps this is what you are seeing. We now make them out of nylon.

If it is the old tube bending clips that are flaking let me know and I will send you the nylon ones at no charge.

Swamp,

Send me your name and address in a private message and I will send you a filler spout for the ATF, no charge.

Tom

Bennett Marine
      sigpic"Like" Bennett Marine on Facebook

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
        Oooooh....is that something they sell on their site or something? My 3055 has just a few inches of clearance to fill the tab reservoir. Bayliner put that in a really stupid place.
        I know right ! First a right angle screwdriver and then I used a mustard bottle and a piece of hynautic steering tubing. Bada-bing.

Comment

Swamp,

Send me your name and address in a private message and I will send you a filler spout for the ATF, no charge.
          A scholar and a gentleman as always, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X