Cell Booster-gctid811704

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell Booster-gctid811704

Hi all just looked at an add by Fisheries - Seattle Shakespeare Cell Boosters on sale. I am a total electronic nerd , so fill me in value, others can I run an I pad?
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Let me discuss cell phone antennas and radiation efficiency. The antenna in the phone is not that efficient. To get gain, the phone would have to be the size of a red brick. Law of physics. Moreover, the FCC limits the handheld device to 6/10s of a what (600 MW). A non handheld can run 3 watts max, or 6 times the power. The phone booster is a repeater. It runs 3 watts, but most importantly, the antenna can be a gain one. Mine has 6 dB at the cell frequencies. (Every 3 dB in power is twice. 3 is 2 times; 6 is 4 times, 9 is 8 times, etc. The antenna also has a like boost for the receiver.

You would have to put up an antenna outside the boat, and buy the biggest one you can afford.

Caviets: The booster and antenna combo will allow phone (and data) in places where the signal is marginal, however, it can't create a signal where there is none present. I had an external antenna in my flip phone and it got 4 bars where the phone itself had 1 bar and it flashed on and off. Look also at Wilson electronics.
    They are a major supplier of cell boosters, antennas, and couplers to the phone.

I am also a lifetime electronics nerd. Ham radio license at 13 yrs old.
    Captharv 2001 2452
    "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

Thanks for the information, yes I will install a roof mount antenna.

Comment

I am currently awaiting a review of a new cell booster product by the folks at Technomadia. They own a Bayliner 4788. I suggest you follow their review before you make a purchase decision. Here is a link to their 1st video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42tLNaGDWvw
        2002 4788/Cummins 330s
        SF Bay Area

Comment

Yes I will thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X