Tank Monitor problem-gctid811002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Monitor problem-gctid811002

My readings on my tank monitor are no longer changing. All three readings show the same level even though the levels are changing. For example tank one and two (fresh water) tanks won't move even when adding and using water. The black water tank also stays exactly the same level. Any advice on how to fix greatly appreciated! This is on a 06 490.

More input please. What monitor, how is it wired, etc.
    Retired, computer expert / executive
    Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
    Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
    D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Comment

Matrix tank monitors with WEMA senders.

Attached files

Comment

Its odd that all 3 senders would crap out on you all at the same time. Do they all come off the same hot lead, ground? If It were me I would get out the 12 volt tester. Does the monitor light up when you push the button?
        Dan
        Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
        Claudia V. III
        1988 - 3218
        Gas Drives

Comment

Yes it lights up and I did put a 12 volt tester on the black water and it showed it had power. Now to make it even stranger the black water levels are starting to dance around. Went from 24 to 44 percent in about 10 minutes without the toilets ever actually being used. I called the factory and he suggested I remove the sender and clean it. Really hoping there is another option...

Comment

Once I began reading your last post I was also thinking pull and clean. Personally I don't know if a WEMA is the right fit for a poop tank. Lots of nasty stuff can get stuck in between the doughnut and the shaft but cleaning it would definitely help. At least that one shows some life. I'd pull all 3 of them and exercise them while someone is watching the monitor. It requires a little work but not all that difficult.

Also test the wires on the fresh water tanks.
            Dan
            Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
            Claudia V. III
            1988 - 3218
            Gas Drives

Comment

Actually I think you are right on! After using the boat I see the black water monitor has come back to life so cleaning may be the fix. Thank you for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X