Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stern light for 1988 Bayliner 1800 Cobra-gctid810465

Good Evening all,

When I purchased my boat (Used) I noticed that the stern light receptacle was all corroded and needed replacement. To my surprise I found that the wires had been cut at the receptacle. I am not sure if it had originally been wired to the Nav Light switch or the Anchor light switch. Further more I would like to wire it back in so that my family and I can enjoy the boat in the evening and twilight. If anyone could help with this I would appreciate it very much. I do have some basic electrical skills .

"tech1975" post=810465 wrote:
    Good Evening all,

When I purchased my boat (Used) I noticed that the stern light receptacle was all corroded and needed replacement. To my surprise I found that the wires had been cut at the receptacle. I am not sure if it had originally been wired to the Nav Light switch or the Anchor light switch. Further more I would like to wire it back in so that my family and I can enjoy the boat in the evening and twilight. If anyone could help with this I would appreciate it very much. I do have some basic electrical skills .
    I see you have no responses. Are you able to post a photo your boat and the light in question? I did a Google search and only found a ski-boat style, and it would have an all-around post light on the gunnel. I don't see any with a stern light.
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Comment

Working...
    X