Macerator issue-gctid810170

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macerator issue-gctid810170

The macerator for my fish wells has given up the ghost. Nothing happens when I turn it on, and when I checked the fuse, it was very warm but not blown. Can it be rebuilt or should I just replace it?

I'll be removing it this afternoon together a better look at it. What should I look for?
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

I don't think it's really a macerator, it should be a diaphragm style bilge pump aka, sump pump. rebuilding depends on if it's locked up, worn out or shorted, oh, yeah there's also the brand and parts availability.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

"Pcpete" post=810198 wrote:
      I don't think it's really a macerator, it should be a diaphragm style bilge pump aka, sump pump. rebuilding depends on if it's locked up, worn out or shorted, oh, yeah there's also the brand and parts availability.
      It's a macerator. I had the same thing on my motorsailer. I was surprised to see one on the boat, but am guessing it is to 'process' fish bits. My issue is that the wells fill up with water, and the only way to drain them it to turn the macerator on, then plug each side until the other side drains. I'll be using them for tuna this fall. I put salmon in them, but usually in a big green garbage bag first, ....the non-chemical ones.
      "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
      MMSI: 367637220
      HAM: KE7TTR
      TDI tech diver
      BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
      Kevin

Comment

The macerator pump should have a rubber plug at one end. If you remove it you will see the end of the shaft with screwdriver flats milled into it. Turn the shaft a few times with a screwdriver to free it up. Then see if it works.
        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
        Anacortes, WA

Comment

Working...
        X