How to convert setee in bow to bed, on 1998 3255 Avanti-gctid810159

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to convert setee in bow to bed, on 1998 3255 Avanti-gctid810159

Hi all, I just bought a 1998 Avanti 3255, lovely boat, but find the vee berth very short. On investigation we found a hinged section in the bow which lifts, on gas-struts (original?) but while it seems that would make the berth longer we're not sure what to do - help anyone? There's probably a simple trick, like most things. Eugene
    Boating about 10 years - owned a Trojan (30ft)express cruiser (70's), Sea Ray express cruiser (30ft) (70's), Four Winns express cruiser (315) (1993), and now a Bayliner Avanti 2255, - 1998.

"captrea" post=810159 wrote:
    Hi all, I just bought a 1998 Avanti 3255, lovely boat, but find the vee berth very short. On investigation we found a hinged section in the bow which lifts, on gas-struts (original?) but while it seems that would make the berth longer we're not sure what to do - help anyone? There's probably a simple trick, like most things. Eugene
    Welcome to BOC, Eugene! While there are 3255 owners here, I'm not one of them. But if you would, please fill out your profile so we can see where you are and your experience level. What will you be using you Avanti for? Just click on your name, then 'edit'.
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Comment

Working...
    X