Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice: new prop for Element-gctid810094

Hi folks...

Let me just preface this post by saying I have very little knowledge when it comes to the technical aspects of boats and boat motors, so please forgive my ignorance.

I have a 2015 Element with a Merc 60 that came with the upgraded command thrust prop.

As a result of my own stupidity, I accidentally scrubbed the prop in some loose gravel near the shoreline, and I think I need to replace it.

My question is: What's my best bet for a replacement prop for this Motor? I tried pulling a couple friends behind the boat in a towable, and it seemed like the element had no guts whatsoever (no torque). Couldn't even get close to the top speed I'm used to with passenger onboard as opposed to tied to a towable.

Any recommendations you folks can make would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I had the same issue with my '16 Element. It had the regular Merc 60 on it. I played around with a few different prop sizes, and the best performance I could get for towing a tube, was the Solace 10.5 x 13 4 blade prop, along with Bennett Smart Tabs (10x10). I was never really happy with the performance of my Element, so I traded it in on a bigger and faster Element LOL. I always had thought that the smallest engine on the 16 footers should be 75HP, with a 90 as an option. Whenever I had 3 or people on it, it was a complete dog. My F18 center console has a 115 on it, and she goes pretty good, and I'll probably start playing with props here in few weeks. That boat should really be powered with a 150. Personally, I don't know why so many of the smaller boats are sold underpowered (probably to maintain a good price point). I understand that what might be considered underpowered to me, may not be to someone else, but, if a 16 foot boat with 3-4 people on it has so much of a problem getting up on plane, then maybe it should be powered a little higher to begin with.
    '17 F18 - 115 Merc

Comment

From reading all the other threads about the element, it seems the boat is very underpowered out of the box.

I will definitely look into the Smart tabs....they seem to have helped a lot of other people with a similar issue...but I still don't know which prop would work best in my situation.

Comment

Working...
      X