towing-gctid810064

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

towing-gctid810064

I have a 2452 1995 Bayliner,want to tow a 3 person tube and hook to crome loop on back but seems to me it would rip right out and I will have to do fiberglass work,has anyone reinforced that,or where do I tie off at

You can check to see if it's reinforced already.

Otherwise, you can buy a towing bridle that clips to the two eye rings on the transom.
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

My 2252 Capri looked a tad shall we say translucent ( far too thin):angry: when I put my tow hook on. Since I could get at it from the inside I simply reinforced it with a piece of painted plywood inside. I drilled the holes then held the wood piece up and match marked the holes. Once I had them drilled in the backer piece I stuck it up inside the hull and bolted it up using large stainless washers. It worked fine to spread that stress over a wide area. It's towed lots of water skiers, 3 broken down boats and dragged a sailboat off a shoal since 1999. Not even a hint of a crack back there

Comment

Oh, my, driz. I hope you also used some bedding compound. Water can weep through the holes and threads and do nasty things to your reinforcement.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
        X