New Prop 175BR-gctid397809

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Thanks for the info. I picked it up for $185 and will give it a go this week and report back on the results.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    you most likely had a 3-blade with 21p. If you go 4-blade you have to go down at least one point to be equal but as you mentioned skiing a 19p might be the better choice.

What was the WOT with your ruined prop? If it was towards the lower end you should go 19p if it was close to 4800RPM the 20p should be fine.

Unfortunately there's more to it than the pitch. Blade geometry also plays a role and w/o testing it you won't know. At $200 for an SS prop you can't go wrong to much. On the other hand you can get a 4-blade Solas Amita (aluminum) for almost half the money.

Another thing to consider: SS props don't deform as much under load as aluminum ones do. This could also force you to lower pitch.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Really too much? I have a 21p on there now, it's been great until I cracked it

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    looks a tad high in pitch. A 19p might be better and for skiing even lower might be on order...

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic New Prop 175BR-gctid397809

New Prop 175BR-gctid397809

My prop took a hit here in Texas with the low water levels in Lake Travis. I found a few people selling them locally. Can anyone share their experiences? I found a 14 1/8 x 20p Michigan Wheel 4 Blade stainless steel prop for about $200 but not sure how it will perform on my 2004 Bayliner 175? I mostly use the boat for skiing and wakeboarding so I think 4 blade pro is best.
Working...
X