I need a Windlass Wiring Picture or Diagram for 4588-gctid809332

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a Windlass Wiring Picture or Diagram for 4588-gctid809332

I had to do some glass repair under the foot switches. The wiring may be messed up. It wont go in reverse and the toggle switch in the pilot house has never worked.

Can anyone share a picture of their wiring configuration, both in the anchor hole and under the dash?

Attached files

I don't know if this will help you but I think that it will give you an idea as to how to wire a windlass and maybe you can figure out your wiring. Go to Lewmar's site and get the instructions for a 2005 Lewmar Pro 1000. Has a very good and simple wiring schematic. Jim
    Jim
    1975 2865 Carver Santa Cruz
    Twin 215hp 302 Ford Waukesha
    Twin Straight Shaft Drive
    Tow Vehicle 2002 Ford F250 Superduty
    7.3L Powerstroke
    Boise, Id

Comment

Looks like your set up is not standard factory arrangement.

I suspect two of your red cables run to a solenoid near by. That solenoid would be the device connected to your dash switch.

The 3 red cables may be mixed up but with saying that you need an understanding of what they do.

So establish the red cable that provides your + positive continuous supply. This should connect to a

single terminal on one of your foot switches together with one end of the short red cable that currently bridges between the two switches. The other end of the short cable goes to a single terminal on the other foot switch. The remaining single terminals on each foot switch connect to the 2 grey winch cables.

leave the two additional red solenoid cables off the foot switches whilst you test that you've sorted the basic circuit. If the deck switches are now working the next step is figuring out the solenoid.

Some more pictures would help with this.

Ian B)
      Ian & Emma
      MV "LaPaloma"
      1990 4588
      Bay of Islands
      New Zealand

Comment

Hope this helps.

Attached files

1992 4588 Twin 250 hp WO6-TI Hino
        12.5 kw Northern Light OM843NW2
        MMSI# 367650430
        FCC Call sign WDH 7669

Comment

It looks like your foot switches are carrying full current to the windlass motor.

I would not know if the helm switch is doing the same...... let's hope not!

If any of this needs to be replaced, I would suggest going with a solenoid switching system, and then use the low current foot switches and a low current helm switch.

This will actually simplify the system in the long run.
          Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
          2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
          Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
          Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
          Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Thanks guys. Will tackle it tonight!

Comment

making progress-ish. here are a couple pics from a friend's 4588

Comment

Working...
              X