fuel tank question-gctid809132

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel tank question-gctid809132

This is a non-Bayliner question, but thought maybe some "old-schoolers" might have insight. A friend of mine purchased a really neat and rare sportfisher called a Jeffries. It is 1977 32' flybridge boat built like a tank. I am helping him figure things out on it a bit but stumped on his fuel tank setup.. It is running twin crusader 454's with fuel tanks port and starboard, reported to be 55 gallons each. I know does not seem like much and looking at them I think they might be 100 each. They are aluminum. The boat does not have fuel gages. Relies on the old dipstick method

Here is the mystery to me. Each tank has a marked "gas" deck fill fitting and spill vent. But each also has a second deckfill fitting , unmarked but is clearly dumping into the aft section of tanks on both sides. So there are two apparent fuel fill fittings each side, but only the forward two are marked fuel. The other two are not water or waste and definitely go to fuel tank. Has anyone ever encountered this setup before, and can explain why or what is the purpose of this arrangement?
Working...
X