Making new L seat-gctid808644

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making new L seat-gctid808644

Today I discovered that my L-shaped seat on my 92 2655 is completely rotten. I think the previous owner put this one in and maybe used some really crappy wood or something. I'd like to attempt this myself but have only remade a back seat cushion before. It looks like they're two sets of wood on the bottom, one for the bottom cushion, and one to connect the back rest to the bottom itself. I've seen some put in some metal railing on the back in lieu of the cushion. That would be much easier probably as I have very weak carpentry ability and all I would need to remake is the bottom cushion. I know where the screws are to take out the bottom section so that should not be problem. Any tips? It would be too easy if I could just buy the whole piece from somewhere...

Attached files

I just took mine apart and used new 3/4 plywood which I coated with three coats of fiberglass resin. I also made the L seat into a fold down bed. I have a useable proto type done and will redo it during the winter/spring. Garchar
    GARCHAR
    1988 2655
    2009 Volvo Penta 5.7 300 hp DP F3s
    Twice Past Commodore
    Northwest Outboard Trailer Sailors, Eugene,OR

Comment

I am about to start my 2655, 1993, same as yours... got the quote to do all the upholstery yesterday $2000, L seat. Captain & tramsum seat. But I supplied the material ( because I just bought it to do myself) and I have to take the seats to them.

Question: where are the screws located for the L seat? Pictures please.

Comment

Working...
      X