Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

capri 1050 flooring-gctid808058

Hi Group

I just got a Capri 1950 bow rider outboard in exchange for helping a friend with some work on his house(d (at least I think it's a 1950...., he hasn't found the tittle yet,so I also don't know what year it is)) ad just joined the group.There is no floor(deck in the boat,so I am of course going to have to put one in. I think I will have to replace the stringers ,which are still the and covered in fiberglass, but are mush inside(unless I can sister new ones next to the old ones? I don't want to make this a lifelong project) The bulkheads are gone too, so I know I have o replace those,but the foam is still there and I'm not sure if I need to take it out becasue it's probably wet,on the bottom, or can leave it.? My big question is, I can see that the stringers support the middle of the floor,and Ican cut my plywood pieces so that the ends butt over the bulkheads for support, but I don't see what supports the outer edges of the flooring, or the flooring in the bow seat section.? As it stands now, both the outer edges (near the hull) of the main part of the floor and the very forn tof the bow section ,unless whoever took out the floor didn't gut it it back far enough to expose whatever supported it? Does anyone have pics or a vdeo of what it's supposed to look like when it is ready for the new deck to go in and/or of actually putting the new deck in? I will try to post pics of what I have tomorrow if I can figure out how to get them form my phone to my computer..lol

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide

Paul
Working...
X