Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jabsco Electric Pump Conversion Insufficient Suction to pump in fresh water-gctid807741

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jabsco Electric Pump Conversion Insufficient Suction to pump in fresh water-gctid807741

Hey guys. I pulled out my toilet, jabsco with electric pump conversion, because it wouldn't pull in water even though the intake was open. I tested it on the dock with a bucket of water and a short hose, and it pumped fine. I put it back in the boat and it won't pull in water still. I tried it with the bucket again but a longer hose on the boat and it won't pull. It seems like maybe the it is not creating enough suction for the longer hose distance. Do I need to replace the electric pump conversion or is there another solution? I did a search and couldn't find the answer in prior threads. Sorry if I missed it. I have a 1997 2855 and I believe the toilet is above the waterline. Thanks in advance.

Have you checked your thru hull fitting for some sort of blockage ? Barnacles or a stick or something may have got in there and restricted the inlet causing the current pump to wear itself out prematurely, loss of priming power is usually from one of the three or five pump diaphrams leaking or a check valve failure, assuming its not an impeller pump. Rebuild kits are available for both the diaphram style and the impeller style pumps.
    1990 3888 Bayliner, Twin 351's

Comment

Good question. I should have mentioned that I disconnected the hose from the thru hull intake and opened it up... water came through fine, so I'm pretty sure that I don't have any blockage. My pump has an impeller and it seems to have rubbed away some of the plastic casing around it.

Comment

You don't say what kind of conversion kit. On mine, I have a separate pump that brings salt water into the bowl and then the electric pump on the toilet base macerated it and pumps it down to the blk water tank. I think most electric toilets need a separate intake pump.
        Bayliner 4387
        250 Hino's

Comment

Are your electrical wires big enough to power the pump properly?
          1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
          twin 454's
          MV Mar-Y-Sol
          1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
          Twin chevy 350's inboard
          Ben- Jamin
          spokane Washington

Comment

Sorry for the tardy response. For some reason I'm not getting email notifications.

1. Here is the conversion I have: http://d35xfqiklvsi7s.cloudfront.net...xl/31427XL.jpg There is only this single pump that pulls in the lake water.

2. The pump worked for years and it still works fine flushing the water out, so I think the wires are probably big enough.

Comment

I put the same conversion in my 1996 2855 last spring. No problems at all. Hope this helps.
              Lee
              Albermarle Sound, NC
              1996 Ciera 2855
              7.4 Merc Bravo 3
              MMSI 338223458

Comment

I replaced the conversion kit and it works fine. Of course then I noticed the engine compartment had water in it because the holding tank had a crack in it. So I have a working toilet with nowhere to pump the waste. Lol. The current tank is 13 gallons. I'm looking at upgrading to a larger tank. If anyone has any advice on tanks, let me know. Thanks for all the advice so far.

Comment

D-Train, if you want another 13 gal tank I have one I'll give you. I replaced mine with a 28 gal tank.

Just pay shipping
                  1999 Bayliner Ciera 2655
                  5.7 Bravo 3

Comment

This thread got me looking up a replacement part for my jabasco manual toilet and led me to some related videos. One video claimed you should not flush marine toilet paper, you should put the used paper :sick: in a ziploc bag (:sick:} for disposal. ?????
                    2003 Bayliner 245
                    2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Great, just what we need, more plastic bags. I really hope people don't actually do that !?
                      1990 3888 Bayliner, Twin 351's

Comment

Thanks, ken51k. I appreciate the offer. If I had seen it before I purchased one, I would have taken you up on the offer. For some reason, I don't get email alerts when someone responses.

Comment

Working...
                        X