Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garchar
    replied
    Thanks to all of you I am very thankful. Rick I thank you again for all the input on each post I do. Garchar.

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    Gary, I think that you're asking to see a schematic that will show two in-series groups of 6v batteries, and their connection to the 12 v system.

If so..... take a look at this.

While this one is for a twin engine scenario, the 4 6 volt battery arrangement would be the same as with a single engine scenario.

Attached files

Leave a comment:

• dmcb
    replied
    "Iproff" post=807565 wrote:
    "TenMile" post=807534 wrote:
    Here's one in the wild. Our offgrid cabin.

[attachment]35899 wrote:
    batteries.PNG[/attachment]
    DMCB might comment on my post also. I see your temp sensor is on the + , Xantrex does say in their manual to connect that sensor to the positive. Doug had the temperature sensor short out and burned out his charger. When he was in their depot to have it fixed the technician told him what caused it and to mount the sensor on the - (negative post) it is only reading temperature so it does not matter to the sensor. I moved mine off the + post after that. They don't have a TSB on that issue which I fould strange.

Ken
    What Ken says.

Except having it fixed. There was no repair to it. It was junk.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Iproff
    replied
    "TenMile" post=807534 wrote:

[attachment]35899 wrote:
    batteries.PNG[/attachment]
    DMCB might comment on my post also. I see your temp sensor is on the + , Xantrex does say in their manual to connect that sensor to the positive. Doug had the temperature sensor short out and burned out his charger. When he was in their depot to have it fixed the technician told him what caused it and to mount the sensor on the - (negative post) it is only reading temperature so it does not matter to the sensor. I moved mine off the + post after that. They don't have a TSB on that issue which I fould strange.

Ken

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    replied
    "MacPhid" post=807535 wrote:
    I installed 4 6v golf cart batteries in my 38. Here's an image of the wiring.

[attachment]35900 wrote:
    6vBatteries.jpg[/attachment]

James
    Nicely done but can't see the possitive main supply cable connection in this image, probably connects at the top left + post yes?

Leave a comment:

• MacPhid
    replied
    I installed 4 6v golf cart batteries in my 38. Here's an image of the wiring.

James

Leave a comment:

• TenMile
    replied

Attached files

Leave a comment:

• SomeSailor
    replied
    Be careful if you're not confident with basic wiring like this. Although simple, you can do some serious damage if you mess it up.

Leave a comment:

• canoel
    replied

Attached files

Leave a comment:

• Can anyone post a pic of 6 volt batteries in a series / parallel ?-gctid807518

I need a pic of four six volt batteries connected in a series and a parallel. Two sets of 6 volts together for a set of two twelve volts. All connecting wires, Thanks Garchar
Working...
X