Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new control for 3055-gctid806473

Hi,

in the process of switching out the old merc controls with new 4500 gen II dual controls - 8M0075245

just wondering if any one has done this with there 3055 and have any pictures

i cant find the dimensions of the new controls and i want to find out if the new controls will fit and cover the old hole from the old controls

these are what my current control looks like

and the new ones

Can't offer any help with your project but will be following your progress.

I see some have switched out to these controls but curious why you're doing it and what are the advantages of the new controls?
    Sea Venture
    2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
    Cruising the PNW and beyond.
    DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
    MMSI 316029971

Kirk
    Drinks well with others.

Comment

The photo attached above is not a photo of my current controls my controls look a lot worse.

One of the control handles is actually broken, snapped by the PO's mechanic and then glued back together.

They are also very stiff when shifting so decided to just replace the lot with new stuff.

Comment

If they are stiff, most times it is the cables and not the shifter. To replace the cables, I'm pretty sure you have to drop the drives.
        Doug
        Hanging Loose
        98 Carver 350 Mariner
        2013-
        KRUSTY KRAB
        2001 305
        5.7 BII
        2006-2013

Comment

well all the new parts have been ordered

prices are too high here in Australia so importing the controls from the states

should have every thing setup and installed within a few weeks

no need to drop the drives to install cables just need to switch them over

Comment

Hi There,

I have done this on my 3055 - results are fantastic compared to the old controls - I especially like the single trim button. I also replaced all my cables with the best quality available and the result is amazing. The control box is a little bigger than the original, but it still fits ok, you will need to open up the cutout a few mm.

This is the only photo I have that has the control box in - next time I'm on the boat I will take a few more and post them...

Attached files

2000 Bayliner 3055 Ciera
            "Summerized"
            MMSI 503024850
            Volvo Penta D3-220's DPS DuoProps (2018)
            RQYS Manly QLD

Comment

"ozhummer" post=806962 wrote:
              Hi There,

I have done this on my 3055 - results are fantastic compared to the old controls - I especially like the single trim button. I also replaced all my cables with the best quality available and the result is amazing. The control box is a little bigger than the original, but it still fits ok, you will need to open up the cutout a few mm.

This is the only photo I have that has the control box in - next time I'm on the boat I will take a few more and post them...

[attachment]35771 wrote:
              Dash.jpg[/attachment]
              Thanks OZ thats great

i actually copied your setup and went with the same cables too

i was worried the new controls were going to be smaller then the old so i am glad they are actually bigger

thanks for the pic

Comment

New controls and cables installed

Few other minor things to fix on the boat before I can take her out for a spin

Comment

Working...
                X