Can You Get Engine Readings From Engine Room Via WiFi?-gctid805894

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can You Get Engine Readings From Engine Room Via WiFi?-gctid805894

After reading a post on "Diesel Digital Tach Alternative" by Wort123 I was wondering if there was a way to receive RPM's, Temps and so on my wifi device. If so how is it done? This would be completely wireless right?
    Just love being on my 3870............Bill
    1985 3870
    Twin 130 Mits. not turbo charged
    Name of boat is "Plenty Of Fish"
    Live on board full time.
    North Myrtle Beach, SC

There's a few options out there that I've seen. Probably the most popular one is Mercury's Vessel View. They work via Bluetooth. I believe a few members on here have used it already.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/ca/...mobile-device/
    2001 Bayliner Ciera 2455 5.7 Merc MPI, Bravo 3
    2009 Subaru WRX STI
    2017 stick with a nail on the end of it

Victoria, BC

Comment

Yet another way is to receive the info on your dashboard gauges and link to the gauges via WiFi. I do this by using the MercMonitor which receives all engine data and displays it on its screen, on different pages. The MercMonitor also contains a built-in NMEA2000 adapter so it can dump all data on my boat's N2K bus. My Garmin GPSMAP unit is also connected to the N2K bus and can grab and display all engine data. As a final step, my GPSMAP device is WiFi capable so that the Garmin Helm application running on iPhone/iPAD can link to it via WiFi. This allows me to see/control my GPSMAP547s device on my iPhone and I can switch through various display pages using my iPhone/iPAD and I can see the engine data on my iPhone/iPAD.

Good luck
      Retired, computer expert / executive
      Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
      Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
      D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
      [email protected]
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X