Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLIGHT PLAY IN CABLE ONE WAY ONLY!!!!-gctid805369

Hey Everyone,

I've got a Mercruiser 3.0TDS with the idle adjusted perfectly, until it's put into reverse and then back to neutral.

When it's put into forward and back to neutral, the carb lever returns against the stop where it idles just fine. When it's put into reverse and then back to neutral, the carb lever stops 2 or 3 mm away from the stop.

This is enough to raise the revs at idle just too high to then put into gear smoothly.

Is there any way of adjusting this or am I resigned to fitting a spring on the carb lever to pull it back fully?

Many thanks, Ady

Hoping for a solution. Mine fails to go below 1000 RPM when returned to neutral from either forward or reverse. I can push the end of the throttle cable, at the carb to make it go about 1/8th of an inch more to idle below 1000 RPM. I'm pretty good at boat handling but it's a real nuisance when docking(in gear, out of gear, in gear, again, again). and when shutting down .If it doesn't idle below 1000 RPM for a minute it will diesel.
    1998 Capri 1950CL
    3 Liter MerCruiser
    Furuno 1622 Radar, Garmin echoMAP44dv, Garmin 300 AIS receiver, Uniden Cl 2 VHF with Hailer,
    2 batteries with Combiner, Joystick Wakeboard Tower

Comment

Working...
    X