Bayliner 2003 212 cuddy-gctid805331

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 2003 212 cuddy-gctid805331

Hello there forum readers and helpers. I have just purchased this boat and a few electrical issues. Tilt gauge doesn't work anchor light and starboard light don't work, nor does bilge and horn. I have a 10 fuse block behind the gauges and there is one blown fuse that when replaced blows again as soon as Accy (A) is turned on. There is also an Accy (M) and an Accy (S) which don't blow fuses. I have attached pics of all three items mentioned. Hoping someone can help please? The fuse that keep blowing is the rear from view second from right and is a 7.5 amp fuse.

Attached files

Main Negative wire is missing on the ground block?

Time to break out the multimeter
    Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
    Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
    93 3058 sold
    92 2855 (day boat)
    91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
    Longbranch WA
    Life is Good

Comment

Thank you, Multi meters and I don't have a particularly good relationship... I suppose a trip to car parts shop and a few youtube videos later....Please excuse my ignorance, but if the ground was not connected wouldn't most if not all electrical system be failing?

Comment

I would like to see if possible a diagram showing this fuseblock with 10 fuses. The original wiring diagram shows a 7 fuse system. You will also notice that there is no wire plugged in to the rear second from left fuse. Maybe that is the culprit at least for the non working items. It appears some messy sparky/installer has messed with the original system. Also Ruffryder has noticed a negative/earth missing.

Comment

One of the Accy switches is missing the rubber boot. It may have gotten water in it and it is corroded. Also check to see if something like a radio, or amplifier was removed and a bare end positive wire shorting out. The must be a negative terminal block somewhere.
          Newport, Oregon
          South Beach Marina
          1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
          Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
          Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Working...
          X